The WAGCG is an association incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA), and is officially titled the Western Australian Ground Control Group Inc. On incorporation the WAGCG adopted the prescribed model rules, a standard set of rules that have been developed for use by associations who do not wish to develop their own rules. These rules meet all the requirements of the Act and provide a suitable governance framework for an incorporated association.
The aims of the WAGCG, as set out in the constitution, are as follows:
- To advance knowledge on ground control practices within the mining industry to promote safe and productive working environments.
- To provide a forum and focus for discussion on ground control practices.
- To be an independent body, free of commercial interests.
- To provide informal mentoring to inexperienced members.
- To liaise with other ground control groups and entities within the mining industry, providing ongoing professional development opportunities.
- To promote widespread industry-based discussion in all aspects of ground control practices.
- To provide a medium for comment and guidance on ground control practices to members where considered appropriate and free from commercial gain.
The constitution of the WAGCG, based on the model rules can be found here.